I LOVE being a BLOGGER because...

Yesterday was truly the day that made all the time I spend blogging more than worth it.  My goal when I started blogging was to help new teachers and to make connections to better my practice.  Well as I stood in the $ Store yesterday afternoon waiting for Mrs. Cleary my friend & assistant I overhead a mother talking with her "teacher" daughter.  It was so sweet to hear them talk about teaching supplies that I got all caught up  in the moment and went to reach for a business card.  I of course did not have one so I jotted down my blog info and went to pass it on.  Stalker-like behavior??

When I got there the mom was the only one there so I quickly passed on my information and told her the blog community is a wonderful place for new teachers to learn and make connections.  She thanked me and  I walked away.

Soon after I heard..."Mrs. Schroeder?"  It was on of my families from the past and we spent some time talking and catching up.  As I walked away the Mother/Daughter that I stalked were waiting for me.  The mom introduced me to her daughter and she smiled REAL big and said I know who you are.  Well...it all turns out the Miss Kim is a follower of my blog and she recently commented about the aprons I wear and I had passed on my NEIGHBOR/Sew-aholic MZ.  Dot to her. 
 This one says...I'm Watching you!  and is covered in eyeballs:)
Listen to this!  She had just come from Union County to pick up aprons at MZ. Dot's house which is right behind mine and she brought in the aprons for me to see.  They are soooo stinkin cute! 

Now what are the odds of that???  I just want to say THANK YOU Kelly!  For a small moment in time I felt like a celebrity and I swelled with pride knowing that I helped a new teacher like you!
Best wishes on that job...know that my fingers are crossed for you!

11 comments

  1. What an awesome moment for you! Sharing of your knowledge and materials has helped many!! Here's a big THANKS from a new blogger!

    =)Beth
    http://inspiredwritingteacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! That is wonderful, and does make you feel like you're making a difference, I'm sure! :) Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so darling I am sure that she will get a lot of great ideas from your blog. What a precious story. I have got to have one of those aprons. I have a new one each year and it is the "beige" carpenter ones from Hobby Lobby. They get so dirty and my daughter has to put a cute design on it ever year.
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy how small our world is! :) That's truly a great moment!!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  5. It truly is a small world isn't it?!?! That's just amazing. The blogging world has taught me more about teaching than college ever could have! Along with a great team of mentors that are still my best friends!!


    ✿ Stacy
    Land of Aha-Z!
    The Wolf’s Den

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome story! I can only imagine what it must be like to be a "new" teacher nowadays. What did we do without the interwebs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an exciting story! I'm sure it also made her day to see you too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that story! What a small world. Honestly, I'd be wayyy more excited to meet some of you bloggy friends than I would some A list celebrity. :)

    A Day in the Life of a 2nd Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so exciting!!! I really appreciate it because I am a new teacher and I've been stalking the blogging world for great advice, lesson plans, and entertaining stories. Thanks for all of your great ideas!

    http://5professionsinoneateacher.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to ask...is there a website or blog where I can find those cute aprons? Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!