Mapping out the Year!

Friends~I am getting ready to meet up with my team of teachers for next school year and it got me thinking about how I map out my school year.  I think I am a bit old school but I still stick to themes and then go from there.  I have a brand new teacher next door to me this year.  I got to talk to her on the phone today and she said she is excited and nervous at the same time.  I remember feeling that way.  I remember all I thought about all summer for the first few years of teaching was what I was going to do the next year.  

I am happy to report that many years in the classroom and having my own kiddos has allowed me to step back from planning a bit during the summer and relax.  However, I always end right back where I started.  What to do next year!  

I have picked out my bulletin board theme and I am hoping that my team will jump on the bandwagon with me.  I am opening with a new author this year-Helen Lester.  I am excited to share her books and create a real classroom community. 
 You can preview my unit by clicking below. 


My real theme planning starts here.  I have spent tons of time creating my Schroeder Summary.  This is basically a newsletter for teachers.  It helps me stay on track with my themes, websites, and favorite books for each month of school.  Click the image below to preview this file.  You will also find a few copies of my monthly newsletter for FREE in my Teachers Pay Teachers Shop.  Be sure to check it out! 


I keep my summary tucked away in my lesson plan book for each month.  I also keep a copy of my standards.  This year it will be Common Core!  
You can download my printable ELA Common Core Standards for FREE by clicking the image below! 
I also start getting my schedule together by using my smartboard!  I type my schedule into the pages and then link the websites and files I need on a daily basis.  It is so helpful to have this all preset!  
 Click below to check out my schedule!

Well I just know tomorrow my mind will be spinning with ideas.  I sure hope this helps you get started planning your school year! 

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. What a great post! it really got me thinking about how to be more strategic. I am your newest follower

    First Grade Journal

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!