Saturday, July 14, 2012

Confessions of a Teacher-Blogger!

Friends~ I confess to you that blogging scared me to death!  I can't remember when I decided to start or even how long ago it began .  I remember becoming obsessed with hunting for teaching ideas on the internet and stumbling upon a few blogs.  The sharing and collaborating is what drew me in!  I was finally in a world of like minded people that loved to create and share what they developed for their classrooms.  People that kept the children's needs in mind when planning and implementing lessons. Mrs. Durning at K-2 is Splendid gave me my start by posting about me on her page! She was so kind to take a chance on me:)




I confess that I may have stalked many of you in my beginning searches.  I felt like I had actually been in your classroom's from the photos and images that you posted.  It was like we were on some kind of virtual team.  Thank YOU!

Photobucket

I confess that I got frustrated when you did not post enough...the hunger in me grew and I wanted more of your ideas.  I slowly realized that I was running on a one way street and I had a need to also share.  That my ideas were also worthy.

I confess that I started blogging not knowing anything about what I was doing.  I made sooooo many mistakes.  I could not live up to my expectations of myself.  Until I met my Blog Designer Mckenna and my web designer Mr. Ken.  Between the two of them my dream of entering the blog world became a reality!






I confess that I was very brave about sharing my ideas and loved the comments from my followers.  My blog is my 3rd baby.  I have nursed it along to over 1000 followers in over a year and a half.

I confess that I almost fell over when I got an invite to blog for Teaching Blog Addict!  Really it was like winning an academy award. Writing for that blog has been hands down one of the very best parts of being in the blog world.  Every author and follower is so very positive.  I know every post I do will end up with sweet and supportive comments. The founder Tamara Chilver and her gang are very kind and uplifting!





TBA
 
I confess that could have not done it alone.  Teaching Blog Traffic School was my backbone into the world.  I learned how to navigate through Facebook and Twitter easily because of Charity Preston.  It is $ well spent if you are considering starting a blog.


I confess that I have lost sleep and at times have became obsessed with the blog world.   I am happy to report that I have found a balance through getting up and working before my kiddos get up and staying up late to work after they go to bed.  Is it worth the loss of sleep?  YES!  Blogging is my therapy and my release.  It is a world where I am just Monica from The Schroeder Page and no one else.  I love that my kiddos Lily and Ian believe in me and are proud of my blog.

I confess that I use my own kiddos to help me with photo opts and to try out products I am reviewing.  Do they love it?  Yep, they sure do.  Ian loves when a box comes to the porch because he knows there is something new for us to check out!


I confess that I am still super nervous about putting my units for sale on Teachers Pay Teachers and Teacher's Notebook.  I take every comment personally and if I even get the slightest negative review~ I spend hours milling over how I can make the product better.  I honestly loose sleep over my comments and making my followers happy:)  I am honored and humbled by my following.  Below is a link to many of my FREE products on TPT.  Be sure to check out the other sections because there are other free items floating around my shop. 


 I confess that what I am about to tell you is one of the things that I cherish the most about blogging.  It is the friendships that I have made.  I have hundreds of new blogging friends that I can count on.  We help and support each other through life's many challenges plus blog challenges!  

I am super proud to announce my newest BLOGGin Buddie!  Hilary Lewis from Rocking Teacher Materials.  Hilary and I have talked several times via Facebook but recently over the phone and it was like finding a long lost friend.  Since our first phone call we have text and talked almost daily.  Check out our cute blog button we have placed on our sidebars! 


It is so wild that we are in totally different states and parts of life but we connect!  I feel so blessed to be in this blogging world because of all of the privileges that it has brought to me.

Thank you to all of the above and to all of my followers and supporters.  My world has changed because I am a PROUD Teacher-Blogger.

I would be honored if you would join my linky party below and share about your BLOG Journey!