Flip Camera Fluency Fun & a FREEBIE!

Last year I had several parents donate $ to purchase flip cameras for my classroom through Digital Wish.  Be sure to check it out if you have never been to their site.  It is a great way to gain more technology for your classroom.  Back to the flip cameras:)  I have been working hard this year to meet all of the areas of fluency in my guided reading groups and in centers.  I have a fluency center in my classroom where students can go to practice quick reads, record their reading, practice chunking phrases, and also punctuation reads.

This week my students are loving my Flip Camera Fluency Read center.  I simply photo copied pages from our story last week.  Daisy Comes Home by Jan Brett. It is part of my Chinese New Year unit.   I purposely chose pages with lots of punctuation and dialog.


My students worked in partners to read the passages and then record themselves.  Check out the photos below.  After the reading the students then listened and watched their reads.  Focusing on their fluency.  They loved it.  Plus their readings were so cute.  I loved listening to them show expression in their reads!

Below you can download my Fluency Center poster and also the directions for the flip camera.  While you are their please Like my TPT store so that you can be first to learn about my new products! 

I would so appreciate a PIN on Pinterest if you are a Pin Junkie like me!
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. I love how you have added the flip cameras to your centers. I know the kids LOVE that. I have considered putting very inexpensive digital cameras in my classroom for my k kids to use. I think it would encourage them to write.

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!