How much wood can a woodchuck chuck in 2nd grade?

Friends...can you all believe that it is almost February?  I have been gearing up for this month because I have a special surprise for my class planned.  We have been prepping for it all month and they have NO idea.  So that means I can't tell you either:(  I promise a blog post in your future about it!

Don't worry~I still have lots to share!  First, I just had the most beautiful weekend ever in the mountains near Boone, NC.  My hubby rented a cabin for the family to celebrate my birthday.  I can tell you this, it was really hard to leave that beautiful view this morning. Check out my kiddos below!

Can they be any sweeter?  I love the hiking, snuggling, and the hours in the hot tub with these cuties!  They both wanted to hunt for BIG Foot so of course we did that too.  Good News!  We didn't find him!

While we were out on the hunt we did stumble upon some animal tracks.  I grabbed a couple shots for the animal track activity I have been putting together. 



You can find out more about the animal tracks activity in my Happy Groundhog Day activity Pack!
The unit combines both fiction and nonfiction books about groundhogs & response sheets.  There is a shadow science lesson and also the animal tracks activity.  This unit is a great way to start off the month of February!  
I also have a Valentine's Day Freebie over at Teacher's Pay Teachers.  Come on over and grab yourself a copy of Tick-Tock~Clock a Heart!  It goes beautifully with any math lesson on telling time.  While you are there I would love it if you would become a follower of my TPT store! 
Have a wonderful Monday! 
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. How fun!!! :) Thanks for sharing such a great freebie :) Have a great start to your week :)

    Lisa :)
    Made In The Shade In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the math freebie! I'm a new follower so I tagged you at "bloggy tag", check it out at:
    http://treadwellsmathadventures.blogspot.com/2012/01/bloggy-tag.html

    I'd love your support!
    -Kara Treadwell

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!