A Word Study and Spelling TOUR!

Friend~I have been getting several questions about my Word Study & Spelling center activities so I decided to take you on a tour of my center.  Check out the video below to see how I organize my supplies for my students.


I use this center as part of my Daily Five rotation.  My students head into this center to practice their spelling and sight words.  I was lucky enough to find the tub storage at the Goodwill super cheap and it is perfect to store my activities in.  I also keep a cupboard full of other items so that I can rotate the choices.  I added the labels with Velcro so that I can switch the labels.

Here are a few of my kiddos top favorites!
This is our Cell Phone Center.  I asked my parents to send in any old cell phones that they had laying around at home.  My students then use a copy of a phone to spell their words.   They record the # code that they need to spell the word.  It is a fun challenge for them! 
Download a FREE copy of this center sheet by clicking the image below and liking my Facebook Page.
 (If you are already a Facebook follower just click the image to download!)



Another favorite is SHAVING Cream!  My team thinks I am crazy for allowing my students to do this but I promise if you train them what a dollop looks like and that they need to work until it is gone you will be in good shape.  

Here is the dollop:)  A good idea would be to take a picture of how big the dollop should be for your students to use as an example:)


I also allow my students to work on the computer with a variety of activities.
 Here is a list of a few of their favorites:
 (Sign up now for the Premium Membership with the code SPRING12 and your membership will be extended until June 30, 2012!)

 Word-Type your words in Microsoft Word and change the font and color.

www.kidsspell.com

www.discoveryeducation.com/free-puzzlemaker


Photobucket

2 comments

  1. I love checking in too what's been going on! Thank you for sharing your Cell Phone Spelling and for making it a freebie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...*checking in to see what's been going on"

      Delete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!