Matter Fun with a Bubble Freebie!

Friends~We had so much fun studying Matter in March that I am super excited to make connections back to that learning with my End of the Year Bubble Unit! A bubble is both a solid, liquid, and a gas.  How perfect is that?

I spent this weekend doing a bit of research on bubbles and check out the coolness that I found!

These sites are great too!



We are just beginning our Shape unit in math too this week so the Think Fountain bubble shapes is going to work beautifully!

Check out some of the activities that we will be doing in class by downloading a sample of my It's Bubble Trouble Unit by clicking the image below.

I also highly recommend the Story The Bubble Factory by Tommy DePaola.  It is a fun tale of Wish Bubbles.
  I always give my students a bottle of wedding bubbles to inspire them during writing after reading this story.  I also send the Bubbles with the note below as a Story Souvenir.

You can get a copy of this note in my full unit. 
 Just click the image to preview!


I hope this inspires you to start thinking about bringing Bubbles into your End of the Year activities.  Be sure to sign up for my newsletter on my sidebar so that you get exclusive freebies and fun ideas to use in your classroom! 
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. What a fun way to learn about matter! Thanks for the great ideas - I have never heard of this Tomie DePaola book!
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, I just found your blog through the K-2 Linky Party. My kids love bubbles! I found a really cute bubble song by Ron Brown called "Bubbles". I think it's perfect for what you're talking about. The song even talks about different states of matter. If you have time, it would be great if you could come and take a quick peek at my blog. I just put up a really cool post about multicultural Cinderella books.

    Thanks!

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!