A Day of SNEETCHES & 2 Dr. Seuss Freebies!

Right to Read Week is right around the corner and I have been working on a fun Dr. Seuss unit for my kiddos at school.  My very favorite Dr. Seuss book is The Sneetches and it leads right into some great connections to our cultural diversity activities from February. 
Check out the fun time my kiddos are going to have with
The Great Sneetch Sheets. 
 
My plan is to read The Sneetches with my kiddos and do some prereading, during reading, and after reading activities.  
 I am going to hide the stars under their seats and after the reading I will have them check their chairs.  I have pins ready to pin them on to their shirts so my 2nd graders can spend the day as SNEETCHES.
  
Grab a copy a copy of my The Great SNEECH Sheets
You will be all set to celebrate in true SNEETCH style!

I am going to spend the day as a TEACH!  
I am going to dress in one color and add a feather boa around my neck!
Add the word TEACH to my star and I will be all set!

I have a center board ready for them to begin their rotation through my 4 SNEETCH Centers...including a SNEETCH Snack!
During this time, I plan on calling my 2nd graders over to print their hands and arms in yellow tempra paint.  We are going to end this fun filled day with a Heart Bellied SNEETCH Creation!
Click the picture to download the writing prompt we are going to use with this cutie!

I also plan to read The Lorax since the movie is coming out!


Pictured above is the book The Lorax, some "Truffula Seeds" to inspire writing and also my writing mini unit The Tale of a Truffula Seed.  
Click the image above and download your free copy of this file. 

I would love to hear what you think.  Many thanks to those who leave comments below!  
Feel free to add these activities to your Dr. Seuss Pin Boards or share on Facebook!
 

9 comments

  1. For some reason your link from TBA is a preview of your blog! I am a follower of your blog so I just went to the blog but wanted to let you know! Thanks so much! LOVE LOVE Dr. Seuss we do a week next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little Sneetch! Great freebies too!
    If you are interested, I would love to have you post a link to this post on my blog, Happy Birthday Author. We are getting ready to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday and would love to have you.

    http://www.happybirthdayauthor.com/2012/02/happy-birthday-dr-seuss-march-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Sneetches! We are definitely doing that!

    Kathy
    First Grade a la Carte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love teaching with Dr. Seuss...thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new website! I think that dressing as a "Teach" is a fantastic idea ... how clever :) Your kiddos are going to have a great day. I found your new blog through your TpT introduction. Welcome aboard. I just built my blog this week too. As a newbie, I would love for you to stop by and start following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm disappointed that I can't find your Sneetch activities. It sounds like it would be a great activity. Did you take them off your TpT store? Thanks for responding to me.

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering the same thing as Tammy. I was looking forward to seeing your Sneetch activities. Please let me know if you took it off your TpT store?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, the Sneetch activities sound great- I would love to see them as well.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!