Thursday, March 15, 2012

My World Around Me FREEBIE!

Friends~I just completed my Mapping Unit in time for us to start it in class next week.  I just know my kiddos are going to love climbing into the world of mapping.  We are going to be making maps of our classroom, treasure maps, and a fun land form book.  Check out how our land form book will be coming together below.

I just love having this visual when we study the different land forms that make up our country. 

We will also be pulling out a great book that I know lots of you use for teaching mapping skills.  It is perfect for an introduction. 

I will be heading out to Triple A to grab some current maps for my students to check out.  I can't wait to see them sprawled out on the floor pouring over all the maps.  I think I will have an exploration day after I read this book.  Just like I do in Writer's Workshop when we introduce a new style of writing. Check out the image of the 2 response sheets my students will work on after reading Me on the Map!

We are also going to do a postcard exchange and a Great State Report too!  Grab a FREE copy of my compass rose activity below!

You can find all of the activities that I will be using in class in my
 My World Around ME file by clicking the image below.
Have a Wonderful Day in class!  I picked up great things for the classroom yesterday.  Be on the look out for some remodeling pictures soon!

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover