Knock, Knock! A Freebie is HERE!

Who has been knocking at my door?  Well, it is Lucky the Leprechaun.  Check out how cute my Fairy Door is and how my kiddos have been buzzing with inferences today about the door and the signs next to it. I added clover stickers for footprints.

I made a sign that says KEEP OUT!  & one with the initials L.t.L (Lucky the Leprechaun)  I am planning on leaving lots of items outside the door so my kiddos can infer all about our Leprechaun.  Download your FREE copy of an inferring sheet below!

Speaking of doors!  We are also going to start our week of Questioning next week.  We are going to be reading lots of St. Patrick's Day stories but focusing closely on asking questions from SUN UP TO SUN DOWN! 
Head over and preview my Great Questions UNLOCK many DOORS packet!  It is an 11 page download that will help you introduce the reading strategy of questioning in a fun way!

Have a Great weekend!  
Be sure to sign up for my Schroeder Newsletter on my sidebar.  
There is a FREE St. Patrick's Day Freebie included! 
Photobucket

10 comments

  1. That is so amazingly cute!! :) Thank you for sharing.

    Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute door! Is it heavy? I'm looking for a new doorstop and that would be perfect!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the door idea! Thanks for sharing.
    Barbara
    happyteachingfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to do this with my class! I even found a paper punch of tiny footprints & punched out tiny green footprints to leave scattered around the door as more evidence AND I found a tiny dollhouse hammer (for working on shoes) to leave out on the second day with a pair of barbie shoes for more evidence in solving our mystery.Thank you for sharing!

    By the way, I am awarding your blog for One Lovely Award Blog award! Head over to my blog to check it out!

    http://www.youngkindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, thanks for the freebie! I love that you are getting the kids to infer and think while doing something really fun with leprechauns...clever teaching and I love it. Come on by - I'm having a lucky 300 giveaway...you should enter. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute!!! Love your ideas. I also nominated you for an award, check out the link at: http://treadwellsmathadventures.blogspot.com/2012/03/currently-and-awards.html

    -Kara
    Treadwell's Math Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you don't mind that I linked a blog post to this idea! I loved the idea and wanted to share it! Please let me know if you prefer I not share it:)

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!