Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Tale of Tattletales!


So it is that time again...tattle tales!  My team mate is having a huge issue in her classroom this month and I offered up my Don't Squeal Unless it's a Big Deal book by Jeanie Franz Ransom.  I even sent our special stand with it.  Yeah...it is that important to us that it has it's own stand:)  It is a great story about a classroom of pigs that squeal so much their teacher passes out.  Once she recovers they begin to discuss what a child size problem is and what an adult size problem is.  

I read this book the first week of school and then randomly read it if I get a run of tattlers.  I love they way it encourages children to work to solve their problems on their own and  how to recognize when they need help.  

I also introduce Extra, Extra!  Tell Mrs. Schroeder about it.  I place these half sheets in our writing center and if children feel the need to tell me something they can grab a sheet and jot down their thoughts.  I ask that they place it in my mailbox.  After school I always enjoy reading them and even responding.  

Download a copy of your own today:)


Photobucket