Timing a Storm Freebie

Friends~We are going to head into the world of Patricia Polocco next week and I can't wait.  She is such and amazing writing and her books are going to be great examples of both literature and story telling.  I just completed my Thundercake book study where my students will be introduced to memoirs.  We will be writing memoirs in Writer's Workshop too! 


If you have not checked out Patricia's website, you are missing out.  It makes it so easy to begin an author study on her and her books.  Click below to make a quick visit!



You can check out my unit by clicking below!


One of the activies we will be doing in class to connect our ELA to our Weather Science unit is to time a storm.  We are going to learn to time storms just like in the book Thundercake.  
You will need a lamp and a thunder sound byte.
Grab a copy of my Timing a Storm experiment by clicking below!

I would love to hear what you think! 


Photobucket

1 comment

  1. Oh I love this!! Patricia Polacco is my very favorite author, PLUS I just started teaching about weather.. I can't wait to try this with my kiddos!
    Thanks!

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade!
    www.secondgradeparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!