Our Class Motto for SUCCESS!

Friends~I am always trying to motivate my class of  2nd graders.  
I work really hard to keep them focused and I feel like I have been super successful with the focus part.  The part I have felt like I needed to FOCUS on as a teacher is the application part.  My kiddos listen, participate, and a good part of them can apply what I taught but I still have some that lack what I am pretty sure is confidence.  

This year, because of our new computer based benchmark testing  I knew I needed to fix this fast so that my kiddos would be successful.  This is what I came up with.  
Our Class MOTTO for SUCCESS! 

We created our class motto for success!  I wanted it to be short and sweet but I also wanted it to be an empowering message.  I talked with my students about what they thought equaled success and these 3 simple words are what we came up with.  
To be successful in class you need to simply: 

Listen
Think
and
Try
This is where I really scored!  My friend makes T Shirts and she whipped this one up for my assistant and I to wear!  
My kiddos are going to love them!  
If you want to order your own T Shirt you can just click the shirt above to contact my friend Chantel.  She will hook you up!
Just tell her Monica sent you!
They honestly get such a kick out of the motto that I am seeing students that have never really tried giving it a shot.  In fact, I am so proud to say all of my students passed their Winter Benchmark in comprehension and our fluency was FANTASTIC!

Grab a Free copy of our Motto Poster!


What is your class motto?
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. What a wonderful idea. I love the T-shirts! I'm sure your students are very motived! Good Luck:)
    Stacy
    Leading and Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the T-Shirt Chantel and 2 Mind Designs did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a class motto, but I think it is a terrific idea! I think that is something I need to pursue. Working on it as a class gives them ownership which can be a motivator. Thanks for the idea.

    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!