Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Anchor Charts to GO!

My Friends!  Do you love anchor charts for reading and writing?  I know I sure do but I will tell you I have a terrible time displaying them.  My wall space is so limited that I often have to put the posters away and I hate to admit they are often forgotten. 

So I decided that I would create an ongoing smartboard lesson that will allow me to always have my charts at my findertips.  I also decided to prink out the pages and create small TO GO books for my students to grab during independent reading & silent reading. Below you can see a few pages from our TO GO Books!

 
Our TO GO Books!

The image below shows you some of my pages that I have created for the Anchor Chart Smartboard File. 


My favorite of the pages is the Author's Purpose page.  It seems to be such a tricky idea for 2nd graders to get but the PIE page helps a ton!

We also created our own model of PIE using a paper plate.  I love when I am able to make an abstract idea come alive through an art project. 
It really is...As Simple as PIE!
Hope this helps!
Photobucket


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover