Proactive Health and Wellness PAYS off!

Teachers!
Has your Dr. ever said something to you that you just can't un- hear?
Are you still thinking about your Dr. apt hours after it ended?
I had a check up today with my Dr. She said something that has stuck with me all day long.

Now, know that she has been my Dr. for close to 16 years. She has seen me through a ton! She knows me...big time and has supported every decision I have made as far as my health and wellness. She supported me though IBS and my constant struggle with ANXIETY!
When I was leaving today she commented on how healthy I am at my age. (Not that 49 is old!)
Her words really got me thinking about what she sees day in and out. Not everyone is being proactive and working to make changes. They are just accepting their situation and my Dr and lots of Drs. are having to help them manage their "health" without them trying on THEIR end.
Believe me...I was one of those people for a long time.
You are more in control of your health than you think. I am 49 years old and take no prescription meds or over the counter meds. During allergy season I take a Zyrtec. That's it. And I plan to keep that going for as LONG as possible!
Oh and that picture is me trying to pretend my toes are still in the sand in Punta Cana!


No comments

Post a Comment

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!