Saturday, September 17, 2016

Wordless Texts & Inferences


Friends~We spent the week examining wordless texts!  I loved how the texts led my students right into the world of inferences! 
 Totally seamless!
I just had to choose my FAVORITE wordless text Tuesday by David Wiesner!  

 (Grab a copy by clicking the image!)

I photo copied a few images from the text on large paper and we broke up into groups.  We focused on examining the illustrations to determine key details from a text.  We combined the details with the text and created inferences to understand the story!  This is such a tough skill for 2nd graders!  I am so very proud of how the class did with this.  

Here is a video read of the story! 
 The kiddos loved it!
We then practiced the skill by creating an illustration and adding details that would help a reader understand what they were reading! 

Grab a FREE copy of my skill practice sheet bellow! 

Read more about how I teach inferences by clicking the image below! 


 photo signature-39.png