Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Polar Bear LapBook FREEBIE!

Friends~I was just welcomed into the world of LapBooks by my teamie Mrs. Thompson!  That women is a foldable genius!  I am so excited to show you what she helped me create today!  We took my Polar Bear Unit and turned it into a LapBook.  Really, we shrunk pages, folded them, cut them and glued them into this beautiful assessment tool!  I am so excited to see my students put this baby together using all that they have learned about Polar Bears!  

Click the HERE  to grab a FREE copy of my Lapbook!  



I am so excited!  My kiddos will be filling in a CAN HAVE ARE Chart and coloring in a map showing where the Polar Bears Live.  They will create a Venn Diagram on the back and also write child friendly definitions for vocabulary words.   They will create a flip book of what Polar Bears eat and make a diagram of their skin and blubber.  All the while, I will be doing Then Blubber Glove Experiment with small groups.  They will then record their learning from the experiment in the center of their LabBook. 

Holy Moly!  I am HOOKED!  I can't wait to get these grooving with my kiddos on Saturday.  Yes, I said Saturday!  We have a make up day due to our NO Snow Day last Friday.  At lease I know that there will be lots of good learning going on in room 331!
I'm off to make a grading rubric for this LapBook!  
If you download please leave a comment:)  




Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
You can check out more of my Polar Bear Fun by clicking the image below!  Be sure to download the preview.  It will give you a video tutorial all about the file.  

Photobucket