Butterfly Hats!

Like I needed any more butterfly ideas!  Well, yesterday we made the most adorable caterpillar thumbprint heads and that means today we need to make some fantastic butterfly heads.  I was racking my brain when I came up with these!

One colored sentence strip, one pipe cleaner, one strip of paper, a few circular sponges and paint.  We drew in the other parts and labeled in crayon.  The class totally loved them. 


Just a few shots of the steps:)
I taped instead of gluing the parts. 
Also you can just bend the pipe cleaner and tape.  I cut before I thought of that.

Check out our Insect Song...we have been singing it for transitions:)


Here are a few shots of the thumbprint caterpillar heads too!

           
Add a copy of my butterfly unit to your files!




Be sure to check out my Butterfly Business and Learning!  
Click below!






  

3 comments

  1. Great hat! Definitely doing that next year! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I'm definitely using this. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!