Twister Review and Game Board Day!

Friends~I don't know about you but I feel like I am on a sinking ship!  It is May and my budding third graders are off their rockers:)  I love them but man I am exhausted every night from keeping the lid on their excitement for the end of the year.  

I try very hard to make the end of the year special but with a academic twist.  I wanted to share with you one of my very favorite end of the year activities...TWISTER Review.   I promise your kiddos will love this plus it is super easy to prep for & academic.  
First you will need to cut a class set of red, blue, yellow and red circles.  They need to be large enough to for the students to stand on.  Then you will need to add a question on each circle from throughout the year.  I color code mine like blue is reading and red is math but that is up to you.  



I then send a note home to my parents asking for individual bags of Skittles.  A big bag broken into sandwich bags works too.  I like to use the spinner on my smartboard but a plain spinner or even one from the real Twister game would work. 

This is how to play.  I have the students sit around the Twister Review game.  I pass out colored dots and they add their names to a dot and place it in a bowl.  I then pull names from the bowl to come up and spin the spinner.  Whatever color they spin is the color they need to choose from.   They flip one colored circle over and read the question.  If they can answer it they do and they earn a bag of Skittles to enjoy.  If they do not know the answer they can ask one friend for help.  If they still can't answer the question they have to sit down and wait til the end to try again.  My kiddos love this game.  It is so fun and they don't even realize they are reviewing!


Grab a FREE copy of my TWISTER Rap!  
Just click the image below.

You can read more about my TWISTER Review and also my Board Game Day by clicking the image below.  We make our own board games but not before learning how the pieces are made and what strategies are used to play some of our favorite games.  

Photobucket

5 comments

  1. This looks fun!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Shannon

    Sweet n Sassy in 2nd

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual...you absolutely ROCK kiddo! I knew you'd pull it together!

    Love ya!
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Hilary and Shannon:) It is always a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic idea! I just found this on Pinterest and I am your newest follower!

    I am also in NC and teach 3rd:)

    I think though I will use this idea with a different twist since we have review books that were bought for each kid we need to use!

    Thanks for the great idea!
    Tonya
    Tonya’s Treats for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure does sound like fun! I'm a skittle fan, so this is a great end of year idea.
    -Leslie
    TeachJunkie.com
    KindergartenWorks.com

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!