The Flood Gate Opens AGAIN!


So,  I was standing at my desk shuffling papers and felt a presence behind me...I turned to look and found a very grown up version of a second grader that I taught a few years ago.  He had a silly grin on his face right before he handed me a letter.  YEP, you guessed it.  He is a 5th grader at our school and he wrote to me to thank me just like my friend Lizze did two days ago.  Just as fast as he showed up he was gone.  My kiddos begged me to read the letter and knowing how I cried the day before I was a bit reluctant.  Well, I read it and cried again. Come on!  Two days in a ROW!  

Now my current class is plotting against me.  When they get to 5th grade they are planning to make me cry every day before they go to middle school.  

Here is Quinn's letter...
Quinn is quite a jock so him doing this was a big deal.  He went into poetry not loving it and came out a wonderful poet!  I still use his poem when I teach.  It is in my Poetry Hall of Fame.  Which is poems written by past students that I use to inspire new writers.  This year,  I went to grab him and asked him to read his poem on video for me and he did.  Every time my class sees him in the hall now they start to chant the poem a bit.  To my class he is a bit of a celebrity...to me he is just Quinnie!
Man I totally love my job!

Photobucket

1 comment

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!