A Day in the Life of a 2nd Grader!






At my school we have Curriculum Night where just the parents come to school and I get to talk with them and explain how our classroom works.  Parents get to ask lots of questions and we get some time to get to know eachother.  One thing,  I always do is put a video together with my class.  It is such a wonderful way for the parents to get the feel for what happens during the day.  Another wonderful thing,  is as we make the video the students are truly reviewing classroom procedures.  

If you have a great idea about making your parents feel welcome...I would LOVE to hear about it!

6 comments

  1. I loveeeee your phonics song do you hav a copy of the lyrics that you could share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!!!!! I am going to have to copy it! :)
    I just posted about treat bags that I give out to my parents at our information night. Feel free to check it out!
    Kristin
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! At our school we are moving from having a Meet the Teacher before school starts, to having a back to school night...This will be a perfect thing to show parents!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your video! I actually knew the tune of the beginning of your phonics dance song- got me starting to sing another song.
    Thanks very much for sharing- you look like an awesome teacher based on what I just saw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see the video. Did you take it down?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got it!! Very cute!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!