Staying in Touch and on Track + a Writing Freebie!


Friends~I just realized that the school year is super close to being over!  I don't know how this happened so fast...without me noticing.  I was just planning away for next week and there it was...the end of April.  It got me thinking about what I can do to keep my kiddos on track this summer.  We just finished out reading and math bench marks and while my kiddos rocked them I know how easily they can lose it by not practicing over the summer.

So here is my little plan...I just signed up with Edmondo and I am trying to learn quickly about it. So far I have set up a class for Room 331 and next week I will be inviting my students to join.  (It is kind of like Facebook for kids.)  With that in mind I think they will get a kick out of it.  I can add fun assignments, challenges, book suggestions and learning sites for them to visit while keeping in touch too!


There is also a section for teachers to share ideas and resources...like Facebook for Teachers.  There are lots of junior and high school teachers so elementary teachers are really needed.  I have set up 2 groups, one for The Schroeder Page Friends and also one for 2nd grade.  I would love it if you all would check them out and join:)  Just click the image below to see how it all works.



I also worked on a little surprise project for my kiddos for writing.  I am hoping to keep up with it on Edmondo.  It is My Summer Writing Journal.  The journal is a 41 page download that reviews many of the different writing types we used in class.  Here is the fun part.  Every few pages there is a letter form for them to complete and I have included my address so that we can stay in touch the old fashion way.  Plus when they finish the packet they can bring it to school in August for a special treat.  In the past, I have done this with composition books but I like that the journal encourages different types of writing to insure they are practicing a variety of styles.  You can download a free sample of the unit by clicking the image below!

Or head over to my Teacher's Pay Teachers store and snatch a copy up!
Click the image below to preview more of the pages!

I will be searching this summer for a fun writing prize to give out to the students that bring theirs back in August.  I would love some suggestions:)
Photobucket

3 comments

  1. Just checked out edmodo! So cool, thanks so much for sharing!
    Lisa
    Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have got to check the site out, thank you for sharing.
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Edmodo with my students throughout the year, and I will also keep it activated throughout the summer. We love it! I also keep students activated even after they move, so we can all keep in contact. It's great!

    Rachel
    Go Fourth! With Mrs. Owens

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!