We are reading a story this week called I Like Where I Am by Jessica Harper.  It is a story about moving and how it feels to leave what is familiar to you.  It is from our reading series so I always like to jazz things up a bit in centers.  I was having trouble coming up with "moving" centers until a box was delivered to my house.  I decided to make it into a center!  I made a sheet to cover the front of the box with the questions...If you had to move schools...what would you miss the most?  I am going to place it in the writing center with markers and have the students add what they might miss about our wonderful school. 

I will keep the box and raffle it off at the end of the year!  I sure can't wait to show it to them!

Mrs. Schroeder

No comments

Post a Comment

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!