Wordless Texts & Inferences


Friends~We spent the week examining wordless texts!  I loved how the texts led my students right into the world of inferences! 
 Totally seamless!
I just had to choose my FAVORITE wordless text Tuesday by David Wiesner!  

 (Grab a copy by clicking the image!)

I photo copied a few images from the text on large paper and we broke up into groups.  We focused on examining the illustrations to determine key details from a text.  We combined the details with the text and created inferences to understand the story!  This is such a tough skill for 2nd graders!  I am so very proud of how the class did with this.  

Here is a video read of the story! 
 The kiddos loved it!
We then practiced the skill by creating an illustration and adding details that would help a reader understand what they were reading! 

Grab a FREE copy of my skill practice sheet bellow! 

Read more about how I teach inferences by clicking the image below! 


 photo signature-39.png

3 comments

  1. very informative and impressive article. Thanks for sharing with us
    cyfuture cloud

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed by the quality of your Ruby assignment help services! Your team really knows how to deliver top-notch assistance. Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!