A Signature Teacher Piece!

 Happy Wednesday Friends!
     I had another fun filled day in 2nd grade but tonight it is chilly and cold!  I have dinner in the oven and the kiddos are playing at a friend's house.  That means I have time to share a little something with ALL of you!  Now if you have been reading my blog you know I love crafty ETSY almost as much as I love The Schroeder Page:)  I am a closet craft-er.  I try really hard and usually do OK but these ETSY friends really know what they are doing!
     Well, while I was looking around for gifts for my children's teachers I came across my new favorite "signature" piece! 
Every teacher NEEDS this ABC Bracelet!  

Meet Amy Volchok the creator of my new favorite BLING!  She is an jewelry artist over at ETSY.  She makes the sweetest pieces and tonight she is going to tell us a bit about her shop.


Click the image to head over and check out this adorable bracelet!

 Amy Says~I have been an artist as long as I can remember.
Wholly self-taught, I now make and sell sterling silver jewelry & copper ornaments.
I have worked in many different media such as papier-mache, painted furniture and quiltmaking.
I also design & construct greeting cards and produce graphic art.

I have been making these sterling silver bracelets for about 7 or 8 years now. The Alphabet/Teacher's Cuffs are just about my best sellers. Each one is made after the order is placed. I stamp the letters into the silver, oxidize it and then bend it into a bracelet shape. If someone would like an inner inscription, I can do that at no extra charge. These are available in my 3/8" wide or my skinny cuff. The skinnies are my own invention!
I wish I was making these when my kiddos were little, but it was only when they got older that I began to have time to explore metalworking. I am always happy to answer questions about my items.


She makes some beautiful copper pieces too.  Click the image above to visit her second site at Copperista!
Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!